Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 4 of the Camino - Dedicated to all the sick

Today I dedicated the walk and my prayers to the sick. Many people asked me to pray for their loved ones who are ill or that were undergoing some type of surgery. I also included the members of my family and good friends in this prayer as well. May all the sick throughout the world experience healing and peace through Christ.

Luke 6:17-19 says: "And he came down with them and stood on a stretch of level ground. A great crowd of his disciples and a large number of the people from all Judea and Jerusalem and the coastal region of Tyre and Sidon came to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and even those who were tormented by unclean spirits were cured. Everyone in the crowd sought to touch him because power came forth from him and healed them all."

The walk continues to be a beautiful and challenging experience. The people one meets along the way are kind and helpful. I've met people from France, Mexico, Gremany, Italy, Korea, and the USA . All are walking for various reasons but I believe all of us are searching for deeper and more intimate relationship with God. 

The weather has been better these past two days. No rain and plenty of sunshine. I walked most of the day by myself which allowed me the time to reflect and pray. I'm enjoying the walk tremendously but my feet don't agree. I've got blisters forming on the bottom of my feet which makes walking a little difficult and painful. I hope and prayer that they don't get any worse. 

Since I'm behind in my posting I don't have too much more to write about. I will conclude by sharing a few pictures with all of you. 

Please pray for my good Fr. Larry Klein who recently underwent surgery for a kidney transplant and for my other good friend, Mari Caballero, who will be having heart valve replacent surgery within a couple of weeks. God bless and heal them both as well as all the sick throughout the world. 













No comments:

Post a Comment