Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 26 of the Camino

Today is day 26 of the Camino. Our destination was Molinaseca (15 miles). It was a cold and windy day up until the last hour of the walk. At that point it became warm. We climbed two mountains both of which were very difficult to ascend and decend. It took us 3 hours of climbing going up and about the same coming down. The rocky terrain really did a number on my feet and legs. 

This was also the day in which we were to leave our rock at the foot of the iron cross. We all have been carrying a rock since we left Roncesvalles. 
The rock symbolizes many things to each pilgrim. My rock symbolized the burdens I have carried throughout my life. I also carried my rock for the burdens of my family, parishioners and friends. I prayed that we all could be set free from our worries and hurts and experience the peace and love that God so generously wants to share with us. 
The prayer prayed by some pilgrims as they leave their rock is: "Lord, may this stone, a symbol of my efforts on the pilgrimage that I lay at the foot of the cross of the Saviour, one day weigh the balance in favour of my good deeds when the deeds of my life are judged. Let it be so."
As we continued our journey we experienced the beauty of God's creation. We saw many beautiful wildflowers along the path of the Camino.
We also experienced the beauty of the mountains and valleys. 
As the day came to a close we all shared a meal together and afterwards went to bed. My whole body was tired and achy. 
I went to bed as soon as we got back to our hotel and thus the reason for not posting about my day. I didn't pray for any particular intention today but I did think of many of you and offered prayers to God for your needs. Blessings and love to you all!

Good night and Buen Camino!



No comments:

Post a Comment