Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 30 of the Camino

Today was day 30 of the Camino. Our destination was Triacastela (13 miles). I'm behind with my posts and I'm too tired to write so I'm just including a few pictures. I made a mistake with our Camino schedule and found out from Claudio this evening that we arrive in Santiago on June 5th instead of June 6th. That was the best mistake I've ever made. So now we only have six days until we reach Santiago. Amen!
Picture of the Eucharistic Miracle that took place in O'Cebreiro. Look it up online to know the story behind the miracle.
Image of our Blessed Mother and the infant Jesus at the church in O'Cebreiro.
I lit three candles at this church: one for my parishioners, one for my family and friends and one for Bishop Flores, Bishop Peña, the priests, deacons and their wives, seminarians, and religious who work in the diocese of Brownsville . 
An image of St. James as a pilgrim at the church in O'Cebreiro.
The morning was cool and overcast. The picture above shows the Camino.
Janice, Sr. Leota and Peter walking the Camino.
Peter doing the "Cotton Eyed Joe."
The beauty of the Camino!
One of the many cows that Sr. Leota talked to. 
One of the many dogs Sr. Leota petted and talked to.
The inside of a small church that we passed. The top of the retablo has the child Jesus standing in front of a cross.
I can't take this anymore! When are we going to get to Triacastela?
Dear Lord, please let this walk be over soon. 
It's only 4 more miles. Animo ladies!
An old abandoned chapel along the Camino.
The beauty of the Camino. You can't imagine how green and beautiful it is.
A huge tree trunk! There were many of these in this area.

Good night and Buen Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment