Saturday, February 7, 2015

Day 36 of the Camino - Day of Thanksgiving.

Today is day 36 and our final day of walking. Our destination was our arrival into Santiago (12 miles ). I dedicated my walk and prayers thanking God for the blessing of my sabbatical, the generosity of so many and for all God's love and mercy in my life.

Last night we stayed a rural house built back in the early 18th Century. The property had its own chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows. The picture below is of the retablo inside the chapel. 
This next picture is a close up of the image of Our Lady of Sorrows that sits in the center of the retablo.
The picture below is of our group as we started out our walk. We all walked together today and enjoyed our conversations.
As we were walking, I saw this clothes line with someone's clothes drying on it. It reminded me of my mom and grandma Tiki. The two of them were always washing and hanging our clothes out to dry in our backyard. I also thought about the importance of washing clothes. It's kinda like the Sacrament of Reconciliation. We confess our sins to clean our soul and conscience so that we can be reunited with our God and the body of Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment